The Gatsby Benchmarks
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of eight guidelines that define the best careers provision for schools and colleges. The government’s careers strategy is built around them and they offer a great place to start when we are considering improvements to our programme.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
The Norbury Manor careers curriculum is regularly reviewed against The Gatsby Benchmarks and the school uses the Compass tool to evaluate our success in meeting these standards. Read our 2018-19 Gatsby Benchmarks Audit.
Detailed explanations of the eight benchmarks and examples of best practice can be found in the toolkits below: