Provider Access Policy
Norbury Manor Provider Access Policy
This statement sets out the school's arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider's education or training offer. This complies with the school's legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All students in years 8-13 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer - including technical education and apprenticeships - through options events, assemblies, group discussions and taster events
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses
Management of provider access requests
A provider requesting access should contact:
Ms Vanessa Hardwick, Assistant Headteacher
Telephone: 020 8679 0062 ext 337
Opportunities for access
A number of events are scheduled into the school's calendar to support our careers programme; providers are welcomed into the school to speak to students and/or their parents/carers at these times. These events include:
- The Norbury Manor Careers Fair
- The Norbury Manor STEM Event
- Apprenticeship events during National Apprenticeship Week
- Careers events during National Careers Week
- Year 9/GCSE Options Evening
Alongside these larger events, deep learning days, assemblies and PSHE sessions offer further opportunities to arrange specific events. Providers should contact Vanessa Hardwick (details above), to identify the most suitable opening.
What should providers expect once a request has been accepted?
Upon approval, the school works closely with the provider to identify the best approach to student access. The school's careers leader and a nominated member of the provider’s team discuss arrangements in advance.
Premises and facilities
The school will make available the venues for discussions between the provider and students as appropriate to the activity. The school will also make available audiovisual (AV) aids and other specialist equipment to support presentations.
Arrangements will be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the careers leader or a member of the school team.
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant literature which will be made available via the Careers Room (open to all students at lunchtimes and during break).